Happy National Girlfriend Day, guys! For those of you who don’t know, this particular moment is always commemorated every August 1st. If you want to join in the celebration but are confused about it, see our article below!
The History of National Girlfriend Day
When it comes to its beginnings, National Girlfriend Day is a typical celebration of the culture of the American people. However, the situation has recently altered, and other countries have begun to celebrate as well. This festival serves as a type of ritual for the special relationship that exists between women.
The kind of special relationship welcomed on National Girlfriend Day isn’t really just a romantic bond. Relationships outside the context of courtship, such as friendship and kinship, can actually also be celebrated. But in general practice, the public more often or dominantly commemorates it as a form of romantic relationship.
Read Also : Appreciate Your Girlfriend with these Question
It is difficult to trace the exact history. Who started it and when it started, it is impossible to know precisely. Moreover, there are various versions of historical stories that stick out so that it raises question marks.
The National Today site once tried to trace the history. The editorial team of the National Today only found clues that the alleged pioneer of this celebration was Mistress Susan.
Meanwhile, according to the Holydays Calendar website, National Girlfriend Day is a celebration they created collaborating with Kathleen Laing and Elizabeth Butterfield. The Holydays Calendar claims that the start of their planned celebration falls on September 20th or coincides with Kathleen Laing and Elizabeth Butterfield’s book “Girlfriend Gateway.”
How to Celebrate National Girlfriend Day
Celebrating National Girlfriend Day is more often done with loved ones. It doesn’t really matter, but keep in mind that this special day is a moment to celebrate the friendship between women. So, if you’re a girl who doesn’t have a boyfriend and wants to join in on the celebration, you can still do it with your female friends.
Before discussing ways to celebrate, we will summarize exciting facts about the meaning of friendship in the circle of friendship between women. There are at least three interesting facts that it seems you need to know. The three exciting facts we mean are:
- Women always build their friendship with other women by using feelings. It is not surprising that many friendly relationships between women appear more emotional. Meanwhile, men create close relationships based solely on similar hobbies, without feelings or emotional attachments.
- The story of friendship that is built between women is more natural with the high intensity of meeting or hanging out together. The women also will not hesitate to express their love for their own friends.
- Women who can have friendships with other women are classified as very lucky. A study has revealed that friendship between women can reduce stress levels. So, if you are tired of the routines and demands of life, invite your female friends to hang out together and tell stories.
After knowing these facts, let’s start reading about ways to celebrate National Girlfriend Day. You may often be confused about how this particular moment should be celebrated to be truly special. Actually, there is no need to design events that are complicated and expensive. You can just do it with a method that we think is quite simple.
The essence is spending time with your girlfriend or lover. You just need to take the time to meet them. Simple, isn’t it? But, what to do when you meet?
Regarding the activities, you can choose various options according to your individual tastes. Just sitting at the cafe and share stories is also a good choice. Anyway, make sure your celebration is passed by quality togetherness.
Alright, maybe you need examples of what the activities are like. Here are some actions you can take.
- Watch your favorite movie or television series. This watching activity can be done by those of you who celebrate with friends or girlfriends. Make sure the determination of the title of the film or television series you want to watch is the result of the joint discussion so that all those involved in watching the show are really enthusiastic.
- In the evening, take your best friend or boyfriend to a restaurant for dinner. It doesn’t have to be luxurious. The most important thing is that the restaurant you choose is really capable of serving your favorite delicious culinary. While eating, you can talk to each other about exciting things that make your heart happy.
- Giving gifts to each other is a reasonably simple way. You certainly know what things your best friend or boyfriend likes. Buy a gift that can describe your love for him.
- An even more straightforward way, you can celebrate simply by conveying beautiful words or wishes as a form of depicting your affection for your best friend or boyfriend. Compose candid and sincere words from your heart. Believe me, heartfelt words or wishes will make the National Girlfriend Day celebration even more memorable.
Examples of Best Wishes for National Girlfriend Day
Maybe you are not the type of person who is good at stringing words together. Even though you really want to convey beautiful wishes in celebration. If that’s the problem you’re having, don’t worry, we’ll help you with some examples.
- Your presence makes my life so much more meaningful. Whenever I’m in trouble, you come with your hug that soothes my heart. Whenever I’m gloomy, you give me the most beautiful smile that lifts my spirits. You are a miracle in my life. I love you.
- When the whole world showers me with rejection, you are always willing to accept all my flaws and what I am. You are indeed a source of my strength. Thank you for always being there for me.
- I am the luckiest person in the world because I can have friends as good and fabulous as you. We can always share laughter, jokes, sadness, and stupid things together. I am pleased to be your friend.
Read Also : Gifts for Long Distance Relationship